Friday, July 17, 2009

Sound of Music mode on

When I was little girl, I watched "The Sound of Music" every single day. Our VCR was one of those that had a remote connected with a wire LOL. My cousin had taped it from the TV and I would watch it over and over again. My mother would get fed up sometimes - just like we do when our kids *have* to watch Monsters Inc every day.

Most of the times we watched all the way until the wedding scene, and then turn it off, cause after that the Nazis invade Austria and things go downhill.

But when we did watch till the end, it was amusing to count how many times the lady bows at the festival. My aunt and I used to count it out loud. I think it was 23 times :P

So, I was chatting with some friends in Orkut how much I love TSOM - what's my nickname, again? - and we all found out we have a Julie Andrews virtual fan club. We all want to go to Saulzburg to sing and dance - how sad is it? LOL

I was very fortunate that when I visited NYC in 1996, Julie Andrews was playing the main part in Victor/Victoria. My father and I were fortunate to get tickets (and a guy who looked exactly like Kyle MacLachlan was next to us). It was a dream come true and I even shed a little tear.

So, while searching youtube, I found these. Pretty cool!

BTW, Nicholas Hammond, who played Friedrich, also played Spiderman in the 1970's series.



No comments: