Monday, June 16, 2008

It's the end of the world as we know it...

A couple of weeks ago, we had a tornado hit the area. We were OK, and no damages to our home either. But we lost power for 2 days, and had to throw away everything in the refrigerator. Luckily the freezer kept.

Yesterday, out of the blue, we started losing water pressure. MIL called around 10PM to tell us they were having the same problem. No info anywhere, only about midnight I found a little note on a local paper website mentioning a water main break in our area. It must have been pretty massive, since there are about 5 cities with very little water.

I usually do my laundry on Sunday evenings, and now it's still there, undone. Plus we couldn't shower last night either. This morning hubby and I were able to take a quick one with the remainder of water that was in the boiler. Hopefully it will be restored soon!

1 comment:

Sunshine said...

Yay! You're here, you're here!

You totally needed one of these in English, so I could read it, girl!

A tornado? Okay, that would have *freaked* me out if we were still there! We would've moved. Ha ha...2 days w/out power and water? Not good. Was there any damage in the neighborhood? Be careful out there!

Give the boy a smooch. The little one. And Happy 7 year!