I just came back from Mamma Mia. Seriously, the woman is just perfect. Not only can she act - as we all know, she could play a corpse and still get an Oscar nod - but she is an incredible singer.
OMG!
Her rendition of "The winner takes it all" made all the hairs on my body stand up.
Yes, the movie is based on the play of the same name and is full of ABBA songs (check out the soundtrack here). So if you can't stand musicals and/or ABBA, save your money. Basically, it's the story of a young girl who's getting married and doesn't know who her dad is. She had found her mother's diary and read that she had hooked up with 3 guys during the time of conception. So, she writes all 3 of them - as if she were her mom - inviting them to the wedding. They all show up. The possible dads are Colin Firth, Pierce Brosnan and Stellan Skarsgard. As in "I wish I had that kind of problem". LOL
I watched it with 12 ladies from my book club and we were ROFL throught the movie. I laughed so hard my cheeks were hurting. The part I laughed the most is when the guys are dancing in the pier, celebrating the guy's bachelor party and all of a sudden 4 dudes hold each others hands and start doing the dance of the Little Swans. Hilarious!
Oh, and make sure you stay after the credits start rolling. They sing 2 songs. It's hilarious.
No comments:
Post a Comment