Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Cause I gotta have faith faith faith!

You are far,
When I could have been your star,
You listened to people,
Who scared you to death, and from my heart,
Strange that you were strong enough,
To even make a start,
But you'll never find
Peace of mind,
Till you listen to your heart

The 100th concert of the 25 tour!

George was divine. He is awesome! I danced, I clapped, I screamed. Now I'm sore. I will call in sick in the morning.

What can I say? I had been waiting for this moment for a long time. I grew up listening to George, and learning his lyrics was a huge part of my knowledge of English. I always tell people I learned the language from GM and Madonna. And while I always though George was extremely hot, I did not have a crush on him.

He opened the show singing backstage. The stage was like a huge screen, top to bottom, and reflected different images. A few images started to appear, then he came onstage with the band and some wonderful back-up singers.

It was super cute at one point he produced an old b&w photo of him and his sister with Nanny Josephine (who sported a beehive like Amy Winehouse's - LOL). She was in the audience and he dedicated the concert to her. My friend and I gave a big shout out to all baby-sitters out there. Because they do rock! (my friend is a sitter and I used to be one, so... :P)

The song "Amazing" was dedicated to his longtime partner Kenny. Sweet!

During "Outside", he came onstage dressed as a cop. Boy, the cops around here are not that hot. Seriously!

He played some of his best songs: Father Figure, Too Funky. He even sang cover versions for Roxanne and The First time I ever saw your face. The end of the concert was an encore with "Careless Whisper" & "Freedom '90". I was just a bit upset he didn't sing "Wake me up before you go-go" but that didn't really fit with the tone of the concert, so in the end I was ok with it.

Non-stop screaming moment of the night: he sampled "tudo bem?" in the intro of a song. I was in Heaven. Then I had to squeeze in a call to Oregon (I didn't hear you, friend, but I know you were listening).

LOL moment of the night: this lady sitting behind me taps me on the shoulder, gives me her business card and asks me to email her the photos I took. She does house cleaning and gave me a few more cards to share with my friends. My friend and I were ROFL.

Here is a one-minute portion of Faith. Video by me :)

2 comments:

Sunshine said...

Where's the cop uniform?! Ha ha...And I could hear everything when you called. That was fun and thanks for sharing that with me. It was *almost* better than hearing a Wiggle concert over the phone! ;D

xoxo

Dee said...

Ahhh George Michael... brings back such good high school memories....