I'm sorry if I am boring everyone.
The truth is movies are a big part of my background. It's what I've always wanted to do. I do have a Bachelor's degree in film, a degree I didn't get to use for many different reasons. Mostly the timing was always off.
But, deep inside, I do hope my son becomes a Pixar animator/director LOL.
Now, seriously, I have started thinking about a career change. I still don't know what's going to be, though - yes, here comes the work talk again.
Today I called my former manager - in the same company - and asked to have a chat with her. I was in her office for 45 min! I was open with her, I know I can trust her. I told her how miserable I was in my position, and ultimately was looking for something else and hoping to start interviewing soon. She was so incredibly supportive! To begin with, she asked me how much I was making to see if she could perhaps fit me in the department she manages, she said she'd love to have me back, but there was nothing. At this point I just want out of the company, and she understood.
I asked if it would be ok to put her down as a reference for a job. She immediately said yes and wished me all the best in my search. She even offered to help spice up my resume and to proof future cover letters. That's how cool she is. You must bs asking yourself how come I no longer work under her. When I took maternity leave with my son, they transferred my position in the firm. That's how I ended up where I am now.
During the last 15 min of the chat we discussed pain-in-the-neck co-workers, family, friends, and George Michael - because she was there too, with her entire department!
Then I had to go back to my desk to hear about the 0.5% of the job that had not been completed. I defintely need out.
Let's focus on good things, like 2 Wiggles concerts on the same day, in about 2 weeks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm so glad you're going to look for something different...Good luck, sweets!!!
Oh and I CANNOT BELIEVE we're missing the WIGGLES! It's just not right, I tell you...(insert very sad face here)...
Do you want me to carry "stick Sunshine" with me? Just let me know :)
Post a Comment