It was T's first time there and he had a blast. He didn't want to leave (he's my son after all). His favorite part was the huge Toys R Us store on Times Square. There is an indoor ferris wheel and a full size animatronics T-Rex from Jurassic Park.
We had a blast! I stayed with my friend Regina and was able to meetup with some e-friends I had not yet met: Mauro & Lydia, and Sonia with her family.
As usual, there isn't enough time to see everything, so we'll have to go back there again sometime, hopefully soon.
There were some - uh - "celebrity sightings": Chinese Spiderman with a rope web, bizarre statues of liberty, Chinese Elvis, Naked Cowboy, Naked Cowgirl, Freddy Krueger, Frankenstein's creature and weird sidekick, Shrek, Elmo & Mickey Mouse.
The M&M's World store on times square is incredibly cute. 3 full floors of chocolate and merchandise. I purchased a t-shirt that says "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of chocolate" LOL
We've been to F.A.O. Schwartz and even watched a live piano show (like the movie Big). I have a huge complaint, though. The cute little clock tower has been removed!!!!! That's just absurd!
Today, before we hopped on our train back, my friend drove me to Ground Zero and it was heartbreaking. There was this... void. I had such weird feelings going near that place. I didn't leave the car, it wasn't even necessary. They're starting to rebuild around the area now, and even nearly 7 years later, they're still repairing nearby buildings.
A few photos:
3 comments:
if only New York were a train ride away.....
Foi muito legal finalmente conhecer você pessoalmente! :-)
I might need to go to New York...
Post a Comment