I have been comparing the price of merchandise here in BR with the US. Things seem so much more expensive in Rio than I anticipated.
The thing is, nice, quality shoes in the US are usually imported from Brazil or Italy. So I decided that shoes were a good investment. So I bought a couple of pairs. I mean, ok, I bought 5 pairs of shoes! :P
I am the bargain lady, so 2 of the pairs I was able to get at a discounted price at a store. I mean, really good prices.
The other 3 are jellies. Do you remember jelly shoes from the 80s? They're a weakness of mine. I admit it. I am addicted to Melissa shoes. Melissa is a brand of jelly shoes that started in 1979 and became really big around that time. I had several pairs growing up. Recently, it became a very popular again and even high-end designers have released custom Melissa shoes.
These are the ones I bought. They're so incredibly comfortable!
I bought a pair of Melissa Joy in black and 2 pairs of Melissa Hello, in black and in red. The heel is a bit higher than I'm used to wear, but the inside is padded and it's incredibly great to walk on.
Changing the subject...
Even though it's winter in Rio de Janeiro, we have been experiencing a variety in temperatures. From 60 to 97F. My aunt often says in Rio there are 2 types of weather: hot, and a cold front.
60F and my aunt was wearing a hood and a scarf - I am serious!
Anyway, we were able to enjoy the beach last week, despite the cold water. The sad thing is I met one of my best friends today, and she asked why I didn't go out in the sun. I did! I am *tan*. The thing is I usually look like Casper (LOL).
But now I can no longer be under the sun. I went to the doctor today and had a mole between my eyebrow and my hairline removed. It was getting bigger and bothering me, so she applied some local anesthetic, grabbed the scalpel... voila! Only one stitch and I'm as good as new. I was calm during the whole procedure and nearly fell asleep. My mom went with me and was like "Ew, I don't want to watch it". Too bad.
Other than that, I have been eating like a pig. But I think I lost some weight. The jeans are looser. My dad and I have been going for walks whenever possible, and I have been sleeping long hours. I think that helps.
P.S. My grandma is not doing well at all. But I don't want to talk about this right now.
2 comments:
Sorry about your grandma... but despite that you seem to be having a good time there.
I am glad you got that mole off.. and just tell hubby you had to buy the shoes to make you feel better.
Sorry to hear your grandma is not doing well. Will be thinking of you.
Post a Comment