Russian Day Out
My Russian friend invited me and T to go watch her daughter dance ballet. I don't have a daughter, and I loooove dance, so of course I said yes.
I didn't know at the time, but all the kids, parents and teachers at the presentation were Russian. The songs were in Russian. They spoke Russian all the time. T and I were the only two non-Russian speaking people in the room.
T would turn to me and ask "Mommy, what's that man saying that I don't understand?" LOL
We had fun watching them. But I would work more on improving the older kids' technique. I thought they needed to improve their posture, and be sharper when moving arms and legs. Plus in some of the turns, it looked as if they were "marking" as opposed to dancing. (yeah, yeah, yeah, I know! I danced for many years, I tend to be picky!)
So, here are a few of the pics from the day. Enjoy!
Song about a man who didn't know anything
Kids dancing to The Lion Sleeps Tonight
Dancing with umbrellas
Typical Russian clothes
3 comments:
Aren't they cute! Lovely costumes
What a great experience! Thanks for sharing:-)
LOL yeah I bet you felt a little out of place for a while. Cute pictures though!!
Post a Comment