My Mom called me today to tell me the doctors said there's nothing they can do for my Grandfather. He had been in the hospital since Dec 25th. I think he was misdiagnosed before being admitted, and had infection after infection since then.
The last time I spoke to him was on the 24th, and it felt like he was saying goodbye, you know?
So maybe by the time I type this, or by the time you read this, he'll be gone.
My consolation is that he lived nearly 86 years. He was a hard-working man, raised 3 daughters and a son, loved 4 granddaughters and a great-grandson. He'll be dearly missed. More than my Grandpa, and my Godfather, he was a great friend.
I can't think of nothing else to say, so I'll just leave this really sad song that I love:
One Sweet Day
Sorry I never told you
All I wanted to say
And now it's too late to hold you
'Cause you've flown away
So far away
Never had I imagined
Living without your smile
Feeling and knowing you hear me
It keeps me alive
Alive
And I know you're shining down on me from Heaven
Like so many friends we've lost along the way
And I know eventually we'll be togetherOne sweet day
Darling, I never showed you
Assumed you'd always be there
I took your presence for granted
But I always cared
And I miss the love we shared
And I know you're shining down on me from Heaven
Like so many friends we've lost along the way
And I know eventually we'll be together
One sweet day
Although the sun will never shine the same
I'll always look to a brighter day
Lord I know when I lay me down to sleep
You will always listen as I pray
7 comments:
He will be on my prayers tonight. Rê... don't forget, he will never leave you. You will miss him but you know, he will always be with you. (((Be gives Rê a Big Hug)))
I am really sorry to hear this . I never knew my grandfathers, they both died before I was born. I cant express what I want to say properly, but I am thinking of you.
:-(
Re,
I'm so sorry to hear that. I'm still praying here for him and you know you can count on my for anything. Just holler my name and I'll be there if needed be.
I know how you must be feeling right now. I lost my grandfather (who was also my godfather) almost one year ago. I was also away from him and couldn't say my final goodbye, but I knew in my heart that he wanted to go. In our last phone conversation, I did have the same impression you had about your grandpa, that he was saying goodbye. I suppose we know when our time is due...
But I also know how deep it hurts and I'm not going to lie to you... It will hurt a lot and for a long time but like in the song you posted here, it will get better because you will feel his presence with you whenever you go. He will be watching over you, to protect and lead until the day you're finally together again.
Take care, my dear friend. And never forget that you can count on this crazy friend here.
Much love,
R.
I'm so sorry, Renata. (((HUGS)))
Sinto muito, querida. Ele foi sabendo o quanto foi amado. Beijos. Fê.
I am sorry to hear that your grandpa passed away. As I said before, he didn't leave you and he never will... be strong. Hugs
Post a Comment