Friday, August 15, 2008

Friday Foto Finish Fiesta

As in http://carriestuckmann.blogspot.com

Murray Wiggle


This photo has a cute story to it (click to enlarge it):

The concert in Washington DC was on November 8th, just a few days after Halloween. I got a few plastic carvable pumpkins on clearance at the craft store. My son insisted I helped him carve a pumpkin for The Wiggles. So I searched the web for a musical pumpkin template, and didn't find one, so I made up my own using the clipart of a guitar. I carved the pumpkin. T was on cloud 9, he had a pumpkin for Murray. We made a sign saying "Murray, Thomas brought you a guitar pumpkin". I told hubby if Murray reads the sign, bring Thomas over to the stage to give it to him and I will get a photo of it.

So, Murray read the sign, stopped the concert and came down to get the pumpkin from my son's hands. How cool is that? He then had the entire Verizon Center clap for my son. This is how big it was, my hubby, who is a closeted Wiggles fan, talked about this for an entire week! He even told some guys at the bar where he goes for happy hour, and one of them said "that was you? I was there too!". LOL

BTW, check out the faces around the people around us in the photo. The parents were more excited than the kids.

So, for the rest of the concert, our pumpkin rested by Jeff's Keyboard in the Dorothy balloon.

One more reason we love those mates!

BTW: countdown to the concert! Only 5 days to go until our 12th and 13th concerts.

P.S. If you don't have kids, you will not understand :)

6 comments:

Lori said...

What an awesome story!

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

that's a cute story and I do understand because my kids like the wiggles also!

Dee said...

How cool is that!!! Murray rocks.

Kelly said...

That is so cool!! I can't believe they stopped the concert to get the pumpkin...awesome guys!

Unknown said...

That's a great story!! ;-) I think it is so cool that he cared enough to do that for your son. that's class, mate! :-)

Sunshine said...

I remember this! LOVE that Murray!

Oh, I miss those guys! Did you see them yet? I'm totally having MAJOR Wiggly withdrawls. Major.

Though yesterday, Addy found her Murray doll in her room after a long vacation Murray had under her bed and she ACTUALLY asked, "What's his name again?"

I almost died right then and there! I have failed my kids...the Wiggles! Has it REALLY been that long, already? I could cry right now! :(