Wonders of the ocean
This week we spent a couple of days in the city of Angra dos Reis, about a 2-hour drive from the city of Rio de Janeiro. It's a wonderful place by the shore, where there are many small islands (most owned by wealthy people). It's a vision of paradise. The water is so clean and transparent you can see fish and many other things.
My father and I were standing on a pier and all of a sudden we see this huge stingray swim by, jump 3 feet in the air and attack the prey. Fantastic! Too bad we were caught off guard and didn't have time to snap a photo. We also saw a sea turtle on the same day, and we didn't have a camera handy. Oh well...
I was able to capture a few other things, though. A diver was kind enough to pick up a beautiful starfish (which T called Patrick LOL), many little fish, a large eel, and a couple of small crabs.
Check below for some pictures. Click on the photos for a larger version, and/or roll over with the cursor for the captions.
3 comments:
Já mergulhei muito em Angra, é muito bonito mesmo.
beautiful photos
I am not jealous, I am not jealous, I am not jealous...
Post a Comment